Urinary Infection Home Remedy How to Treat a UTI Naturally (Without Antibiotics)
If you are reading this, you are one of the thousands of people who are looking for an effective natural remedy for your urinary tract infection. Youll be glad to know that you have come to the right place! This article will teach you how to treat your UTI without using antibiotics.
If you pay attention to the news, you may have noticed that antibiotics have been receiving some criticism lately. In some cases, like with urinary tract infections, antibiotics can actually do more harm than good. Just look at the 25% of UTI sufferers that use antibiotics and develop another infection within a few months. The reason for this is that antibiotics kill all bacteria indiscriminately both good and bad.
This has led doctors and researchers to explore other treatment options. The belief that the most effect way to cure a UTI is with a simple home remedy is gaining strength.
Urinary Infection Home Remedy Treat Your UTI Naturally
Natural health has become a more common place thing lately. More and more people are accepting the fact that natural remedies are effective due to research that is being conducted into this realm. People are enjoying convenient and low-cost ways of curing their UTIs.
Before you choose a natural treatment program, it is important to use one that has been fully researched. Not every natural UTI remedy will work. In the case of a urinary infection, the most effective treatments are the ones that flush your urinary tract of the bacteria that is causing the infection. This can be done without killing your bodys good bacteria by strengthening your immune system.
Here are a few simple tips to help you begin your home treatment plan.
Five Tips to Begin Your Urinary Infection Home Remedy
1. Be sure to drink plenty of water. Water will help your body flush itself of any infection-causing bacteria. You should drink at least two cups of water every two hours. Also, you need to urinate as soon as you feel the urge never hold it.
2. What you eat can either help or hinder your efforts to flush your system. If you eat at least 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, your body will get enough fiber to effectively flush itself. We recommend eating more vegetables and fruits because of the high sugar content in many fruits.
3. Do not rely on drinking nothing but cranberry juice. While cranberries do contain a compound that will force bacteria to release its grip on your urinary tract linking, drinking too much can actually make your symptoms worse due to the high sugar content. Try using cranberry pills instead.
4. Apple cider vinegar is also very helpful. Mix one tablespoon into a tall glass of water, add a little honey for flavor, and drink. Apple cider vinegar is rich in certain vitamins and minerals and will work as a natural antibiotic, targeting the harmful bacteria.
5. You should also add a vitamin C supplement to your regimen. By adding 1,000mg to your daily diet, you will strengthen your immune system against a UTI. Adding zinc will help your body absorb the vitamin C more effectively.