Alberto Madella Scholarship Fund
Alberto Madella (1956 – 2008) was appointed an EASM Honorary Member in recognition of the commitment, enthusiasm and energy he demonstrated in the field of sport management. He worked for many years with EASM in various roles and served as General Secretary from 1996 to 2004. His passion for the subject and his dedication to teaching and research inspired many scholars, students and academics throughout the world.
The Alberto Madella Scholarship Fund was created in recognition of the contribution to EASM and the field of sport management by our colleague Alberto Madella. The award is designed to support colleagues to participate in EASM conferences and help promote the work of the Association. The Scholarship Committee will make decisions based on participants’ needs and plans for contributing to the conference. The award is highly competitive and only well-developed proposals will be considered.
The Alberto Madella Scholarship Fund allows individuals to apply for 500 Euros to help them attend the EASM Conference and/or EASM Student Seminar or EASM PhD Student Seminar.
Applicants for the Alberto Madella Scholarship Fund must:
- Submit a brief proposal (max. 500 words, including your name, country of residence, current occupation or student status) outlining why you think you should be awarded the scholarship. Please refer to the criteria detailed below to indicate why you would be eligible for the funding. The proposal should:
- Confirm that you are studying Sport Management in Higher Education (Diploma, Degree, Masters, PhD)
- Outline the motivation for your attendence at the EASM Conference and/or respective Seminar
- Indicate the expected outcome of the EASM Conference attendance for the future individual career, including the EASM Student Seminar or EASM PhD Student Seminar
- Outline plans for disseminating learning from the conference attendance experience
- Confirm that you are not able to attend the EASM Conference and/or EASM Student Seminar or PhD Student Seminar without this funding
- Submit a short report of the Conference and/or Student or PhD Student Seminar (500 words, including a picture in high resolution) no later than 14 days after the end of the Conference to the EASM office.
How to apply:
Please submit your application (motivation letter, CV, references etc.) as one pdf-file (max. 8 MB) via email to EASM’s General Secretary (email@example.com) before 30th April 2018.
The Alberto Madella Scholarship Fund Committee will inform all applicants with the decision before 31st May 2018 via email.
List of previous winners
In 2017 the fund has been awarded to two candidates: Nima Farajpour Bakhtiari and Veronica Lo Presti
In 2013 the fund has been awarded to two candidates: Lilla Szijj and Ahmed Alafandi
In 2012 the fund has been awarded to two candidates: Sanjay Tewari and Javad Yousefian